Sunday, October 4, 2009

New/Old News

I have been remiss in keeping everyone abreast of what has been happening with my art career. So, here is my update. New or old, it is still news.

New/Old News I
I was a judge for the California Gourd Society Gourd Art Competition at the 11th Annual International Gourd Art Festival, Fallbrook, CA, held on June 23 and 24, 2007.

New/Old News II
My work was featured at the Oceanside Public Library, Oceanside, CA, during Black History Month, February 2007. The pieces included Homage: Love Never Loses Its Way Home, a personal altar for my parents and Sister Sarah.

New/Old News III
At the California Gourd Society Art Competition, I received two second place ribbons. One was for Sister Sarah (Dolls/Human Figures) and the other one was for a ring design, Alice in Wonderland (Jewelry).

New/Old News IV
My article, The Gourdeous Path was published in "The Golden Gourd," Spring 2007, pages 1 and 3.

No comments: